Funding - Certificate III Guarantee
Skill360 Australia is proud to be a Skills Assure provider for Certificate 3 Guarantee program gives eligible individuals the opportunity to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification that leads to a job outcome or career advancement.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is targeted at certificate III qualifications because they are considered the entry-level qualification most often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
Certificate III Guarantee
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program, offered by the Queensland Government’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT), provides funding to support eligible individuals to obtain their first post-school certificate III qualification. The program aims to improve employment opportunities and career advancement for Queensland residents.
Eligible individuals can access subsidised training from approved providers to complete a certificate III qualification in a priority industry area. The priority industries for the program are based on industry and employer demand, and are reviewed regularly to ensure they align with Queensland’s economic and workforce priorities.
The program covers a portion of the training costs, while the individual is required to contribute a co-contribution fee. The fee amount may vary depending on the qualification and the training provider. The program also provides support for disadvantaged learners, including those who may require additional assistance to complete their training.
Overall, the Certificate 3 Guarantee program aims to provide Queensland residents with access to affordable training in priority industries to improve their employment opportunities and career advancement.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to enrol into the Certificate 3 Guarantee, prospective students must:
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
Student Co-Contribution Fees
Students undertaking training funded under Certificate 3 Guarantee are required to contribute to the cost of their training through a co-contribution fee. This fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party.
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, concessional participants are defined as follows:
- The participant holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or
- The participant holds an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the participant is entitled to concessions under a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or the participant is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- The Participant has a Disability — pensioner concession card or other documentation verifying the holder has disability.
If a student cancels prior to the completion of the qualification, units that have not been commenced will be refunded. Students are required to complete a Refund Application Form which is located on the Skill360 Australia website.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Entitlement
Eligible participants will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program once they complete a Certificate Level III qualification.
Find out More
To find out if you are eligible contact our team on 1300 933 358.
Skill360 Australia is proud to be a Skills Assure provider.
Find out more about the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website Skills Assure.